Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Cannot view/reconnect to my wireless network after reboot

Windows XP Support

Old 07-03-2008

Cannot view/reconnect to my wireless network after reboot

I recently setup a wireless WPA network at home and am not broadcasting the SSID. I am able to view networks in range, select mine and connect as well. The issue happens when I disconnect and turn off my wireless adapter or restart the computer and I am not able to see any networks in range after refreshing the view. The wireless network is at the top of the list to automatically reconnect when it is in range. I need to go with the 'new wireless connection wizard', and when I click finish, then my network shows up in the view and I am connected. Does anyone know anything that I am missing when I create the connection? Thanks

Old 07-03-2008

Re: Cannot view/reconnect to my wireless network after reboot

If you like to disconnect like that, by powering down the wireless, then put a command in startup to "ipconfig /renew'.
Old 08-03-2008

The issue is that I am not able to run that command until I connect, that I cannot do. But now I cannot even turn on the wireless card with the button on my laptop keyboar. In device manager, it says that the wireless card is working properly, I have removed the card, restarted and reinstalled the card, restarted, and it finds the card, but I still cant turn it on? Any help would be appreciated.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: