Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Copying User Profiles- Copy To button grayed out

Windows XP Support

Old 04-03-2008

Copying User Profiles- Copy To button grayed out

There is some kind of issue with my system. I am having a Windows XP PC, which is fully patched and updated. I am facing a bit issue with copying user profile here. I am using the process published on a kb article. I went inside properties and then in that I found advance tab. Where under settings I found the profile settings. Now when I right click on the user profile, the COPY TO option is grayed out. I cannot click on it anymore. I can anyone here help me to fix the issue.

Old 04-03-2008

That is weird. This kind of issue only appear when the user profile is either damage or deleted. Try to manually copy paste the same and then see whether you are able to copy it. If that does not work then there is some issue in your system. You can here try running system restore. By running the same the old settings will be restored. This might turn the feature back on and I think it will also work well. You can try the same a number of time and check back the same.
Old 11-03-2008

I am giving you a link below which has complete steps for copying the user profile. Just have a look on the same. There are chances that you are missing something due to which you are facing the problem. But if you can simply follow the steps below as mentioned I hope things might work. There is no other way available by which you can simply copy user profile. I hope there would be some location from where you can directly move the folder.

How to copy data from a corrupted user profile to a new profile in Windows XP

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , ,