Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mysterious Virus Playing Music on My PC!

Re: Mysterious Virus Playing Music on My PC!

My father system is having the same issue. He had copied some movies from a external drive. After when done we had connected two computers on the network to share files. Now the virus has spread to the other system making it a bit low on the performance. We had tried to installed and clean computer with multiple antivirus, but nothing worked out in better way. The music is constant till Chrome is on while it stop when I exit it.

Read the answers above completely. At one part the user has said that you have to wipe out the temporary files. The audio is mostly played through the temp folder and it can be removed if cleaned. You can use Disk Cleanup or tools like CCleaner to make settings more clear. It is the best way I think. There can be some toolbar or some addons that is causing the issue. A sound virus can be located rarely.

In my system the Radio starts on its own when the computer starts. I have a a broadband internet connection at my office. I had checked the settings but not able to figure out how it actually loads up automatically. The music mostly plays on its own by fetching some file from the web. To find which application is creating the issue I downloaded Autorun. This is nice simple utility that scans and find out which application is capable of performing number of actions on its own. Then through that I found the registry settings to disable the audio. It was FLexnet products. The file was located in system32/regw2.exe. I disabled the autorun for the same and the music stopped.

My system has a regular sound. There are two different music which plays on its own again and again. There is no audio player working in the backend. When I open any page the sound starts and keep on repeating. It looks someone has hacked my computer. My antivirus can found nothing related to that. I had shown the same to my friend who works for IT company, but he cannot also locate anything. If atleast I can find the name of application I can remove it. I checked control panel, but that too was empty.

First let me know if you close the browser then also you are getting the same voice or not. Also it might be possible that there is something running continuously after you start the computer. So it is better to disable everything from startup except Antivirus. To disable start up program click on Start> Run> Type msconfig > Hit Enter> Startup Tab> Select Disable All. Click on Ok and restart your computer.

Curious one this. My desktop was infected with the windows recovery virus today which I then removed with the malawarebytes software. Since then, although most of my functionality has been restored I have certain problems. My machine randomly plays audio. Sometimes this is hard rock ( which I do not have ) sometimes it is barak Obama giving a speech during the bp oil spill sometimes other stuff. The audio is odd, only plays for maybe 15 secs and then stops. It even plays when I don't appear to have any software running other than windows (vista). The oil spill was 6 months ago, anyway I'm British and live in the middle east where my media is all either uk or local, I don't listen or subscribe to US news so it's an odd bit to be playing. One other bit, I have uk online tv service "sky player" in my computer which uses silverlight. Since I had the virus this no longer works, iE crashes in an odd way in that it says it is closing but actually remains open. Ideas? I'm flummoxed.

Quote Originally Posted by Warsawtugger View Post
    Curious one this. My desktop was infected with the windows recovery virus today which I then removed with the malawarebytes software. Since then, although most of my functionality has been restored I have certain problems. My machine randomly plays audio. Sometimes this is hard rock ( which I do not have ) sometimes it is barak Obama giving a speech during the bp oil spill sometimes other stuff. The audio is odd, only plays for maybe 15 secs and then stops. It even plays when I don't appear to have any software running other than windows (vista). The oil spill was 6 months ago, anyway I'm British and live in the middle east where my media is all either uk or local, I don't listen or subscribe to US news so it's an odd bit to be playing. One other bit, I have uk online tv service "sky player" in my computer which uses silverlight. Since I had the virus this no longer works, iE crashes in an odd way in that it says it is closing but actually remains open. Ideas? I'm flummoxed.
    Have you installed ffdshow, if so Go into the control panel, add/remove programs, and uninstall ffdshow. If the sound stops, you've definitively found and solved the problem. One more one thing you might try before removing it: Right click the program icon, and select 'Properties' at the bottom of the drop down. On the menu that pops up, choose 'Compatibility'. Check the box to activate compatibility mode for the program and choose which mode (XP..) you would like that program to run in. See does that solve your issue.

I have figured out a solution to this irritating problem . u have to find the folder in which iexplore.exe is located. go to my computer and search the name. then open the containing folder. the folder should be "internet Explorer"
    open it then go to iexplore.exe , right click and go to properties. go to the security tab , then advanced,then go to ownership, edit, select another except for "Trustedinstaller" ,and take the ownership. then close properties and open them again. go to security, press edit ,select trusted installer and click remove,select the name u had selected for ownership , tick the "full control",close properties and then try and delete the file. now "trustedinstaller"
    wont have permission to open this file again so it wont be able to open annoying music in the background. if you are not able to delete the file try putting it in the virus vault of ur antivirus. if THAT doesn't work , well u wont have to worry because this programm will not be opened again by anyone except you !!! this works fine for me . Win7 64bit

HOPE IT HELPED.

I have similar problem. Yesterday I was listening music (Tool) and I wasn't online. Suddenly I heard some melody like some ballad on piano playing. I turned off winamp and everything else, I have nothing in startup folder and I have working antivirus, but melody kept going until I restarted windows. It freaked me out because I couldn't find the source of music, but I heard it from speaker definitely . Darthjei ,I found iexplore.exe file, but it doesn't have security tab. But I noticed my computer slowed down when I opened that folder. What should I do?

What i did was run an antispyware and it found all kind of things that i didnt even know they were there. i used "spybot" and then i used a registry cleaner to clean it up and delete it permanently

Mine was playing that stupid LMFAO song...PARTY ROCK ANTHEM over and over all day and night. I hate that song with a passion now. Best thing to do is move your most important files over to another external drive. Don't move everything, just your favorites, docs, and other important stuff. Maybe some pics, but no videos or other files recently DL'd. Then re-format and re-install Windows OS. This is the only way to surely get RID of that ANNOYING VIRUS! It was so frustrating! Good luck
    Last edited by TechNutz; 14-12-2011 at 04:00 AM.

I got a New Years Eve email with music playing. I deleted the email and still the music was playing. I tried many things that did not work. Every time I tried to play a video the NYE one would still be playing over the video I was watching. Rebooted several times, turned off computer all night. I finally went into my email programs delete folder and selected all and deleted everything. No more music! I don’t know what else was in the deleted folder, but something was.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12