Thread: REGISTRY_ERROR 0x00000051

REGISTRY_ERROR 0x00000051

I landed into a new trouble recently. I am not able to figure out how the error just appeared instantly. It started when I was trying to install a diagnostic software. I am having Windows XP SP2. I tried to remove the same in the same mode later on but the error started appearing on the screen. The error that I am getting is REGISTRY_ERROR 0x00000051. I am simply not able to figure out how does the error appeared so instantly.

The error that you are facing reflects problem with registry configuration. To fix that instantly you can do one thing. You can run system restore here. It will simply restore the old settings without touching the data. And if you think the error is associated with some application then just install it properly and the uninstall it back. I am sure that will be enough to fix the problem you are facing. I am giving you a kb article link below that has more information on the problem.

"Stop error code 0x00000051 (REGISTRY_ERROR)" error message when you back up the registry hive