Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Keyboard layout change automatically

Windows XP Support

Old 27-02-2008

Keyboard layout change automatically

I was setting up Windows XP one my cousins PC. He wanted his keyboard layout to French. I did the same but on next reboot it got reset to English itself. So I changed it again to French and deleted all other layouts. Surprisingly when I rebooted the system again it was back to default English.

From where is it talking English back if I had already deleted it ? What can I do with this problem ?

Old 25-11-2011

Re: Keyboard layout change automatically

Hello gudul, sorry for digging this out :)

I have the same problem on an old computer we have with Windows XP.

How did you managed to fix this?
I already scanned for virus with malwarebytes and kaspersky latest version and found nothing.

Last edited by scottx : 25-11-2011 at 09:03 PM. Reason: mispelled a word
Old 25-11-2011

Re: Keyboard layout change automatically

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottx View Post
Hello gudul, sorry for digging this out :)

I have the same problem on an old computer we have with Windows XP.

How did you managed to fix this?
I already scanned for virus with malwarebytes and kaspersky latest version and found nothing.
If you want to change the keyboards layout then go into Control Panel/Regional Settings/Languages/Details and there is a button that allows you to configure the shortcuts to switch languages - I just disable it altogether. You may also want to disable automatic detection of languages in Word (Tools/Languages), I think this may switch the keyboard layout to match the detected language.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , ,