Thread: Rundll

Rundll

I am getting a error while cleaning browser history. I am using inetcpl.cpl directly from Run box to launch internet option and wipe out browsing history. But that does not looks to be working well. I am getting a missing entry error here. I tired different options to clean the system but nothing looks to be working well. I do not think my antivirus responsible for the same. Can anyone really help me to fix the issue. I am using Internet Explorer as my default web browser.

The issue can be fixed through system file checker. You will have to run this in cmd and I think the problem will be resolved. Just click on Start and then in that type cmd and hit enter. In that type sfc /scannow. That's all. The command will scan your system and fix damage system files. It is one of the best way to fix the issue. It can ask you for windows disc also. It is necessary that you must simply run a clean repair setup and test it back.

Re: Rundll

Sorry for POSTING this here...but I just didn't know where else to find help. HELP!!!windows\system32\inetcpl.cpl I foolishly downloaded IE8...tried it for about a month. Too slow, to many bugs. UNINSTALLED ALL of it! So I went to MS got a copy of IE7 (through using Firefox) a copy of the regular and 64bit. Installed 64bit. Nothing except this: c:\windows\system32\inetcpl.cpl and on the next line: Operating system cannot run %1. Uninstalled again, made sure there were no previous downloads of it. Downloaded them again from MS. Installed the regular. Nothing--just same message. So I did a repair using my Windows XP Pro disk (64 bit). Loaded "that" IE which is I think IE6. It WORKED! So then I got rid of ALL IE7's. Went back downloaded a fresh copy. Installed it...tried it...YAY it work! Used it for a few hours...then.... like a DumDum, I allowed it to perform updates (you know the security patches and stuff) BIG NO NO!!!

Now it doesn't work AGAIN!!! ARGH!!! Getting the same message. I have been all over hill and dale trying to see if anyone has even gotten this before. But so far cannot find. I love how Microsoft does these things...then WE have ti fix their MESS!!! Oh yeah...and if you TRUST them to...they have the nerve to charge you for SUPPORT. If not for FIREFOX I would never have gotten this far. Any help out there?????

Just format your system. Even if you manage to remove all of them you will still face problem with system setup. It is quiet necessary that you must run a clean system format and check the installation. When you format the system you can run a clear repair setup. Try to backup your data first. And clean format will also improve your system performance to great extent. It will wipe out unwanted files from the pc and make the system to perform more better.

It is obvious the the "lack" of professionalism here. Your PERSONAL attack of what I wrote (which is fact) proves it. To correct you sir, I did NOT "screw" with my computer. Though I did not disclose it...I will have you know...a CLEAN install was also performed. Reasons for not documenting ALL that was done...not wanting to make such a long drawn out detail. IE7 worked flawlessly UNTIL I took advantage of IE8. Upon my searching various forums, etc. the number of users encountering IE8 problems and crashes is mounting-this is NOT news to Microsoft. As for your "need" to personally attack someone seeking assistance...CHILL! You have made it obvious that seeking help here is a worthless endeavor.

This kind of errors appear due to various reason. Like incompatible applications, incorrect settings, malware in the system and ample of wrong installation procedure. There are some nice system cleaner software available on the web. You can run them to get proper fix. But there is no 100% guarantee that it will work. The only best way to improve your system performance is to run a clean system setup so that the issue can be avoided.

Sorry to highjack but I have a similar problem. I tried downloading an add on for Windows Movie Maker and the download failed. Now we basically get the RunDll Inet.Cpl.cpl error anytime we power up the computer. I've tried running the sfc but the screen dissapears. Any thoughts on what we need to do? Our operating system is Windows XP.