Thread: Windows Live Error Message 0x80048820

Windows Live Error Message 0x80048820

I am trying to setup Windows Live Mail on my Windows XP system. Everything looks to be working fine with the setting. But suddenly it started giving a new error. The error is 0x80048820. It appears only when I send or receive mail. After configuration I was able to send some test emails. And now it is not working. I checked my settings back which looks to be proper. I am not able to find any proper solution for the same. Can anyone help me here.

This kind of error appear when the connectivity is terminated or blocked by security application. It is a common bug. What you have to do is check for any firewall or antivirus in your pc. Disable the same for sometime and then test back. I am sure that will be quiet enough for fixing the error. Just disable for security application for temporary period and then check back. If it works then you will need to add them under the exception list.

RE: Windows Live Error Message 0x80048820

The problem lies with internet connectivity. It is essential that you must simply check and ensure that your connectivity is stable or else the problem will be common. Just go in the lan settings and verify the settings. Put everything on automatic. You can run a ping command to find whether your connectivity is stable or not. If there is any breakage in between you will face such issues.

Delete the old accounts and add them back. Try to test them for some time and then check back. If that does not work then there is one more setting that you can try. Go in Windows Mail. In that click on Tools > Accounts. Click on Properties then and then click Advance. Go in Incoming Mail > The Server require secure connection. Add the port number if any provided by the email service. Again go in Outgoing Mail and the click on This server require secure connection. Add the port number again here. Click Ok and then test back.