Thread: Windows Movie Maker does not start

Windows Movie Maker does not start

I am using Windows XP here. I am not able to use Windows Movie Maker here. When I try to start I am getting a problem with it. It is freezing a lot. I tried the same but nothing worked here. I though the issue lies with my video files. They look to be working fine. I had created some project files. I am using ti frequently. There are around 20 project files in it with 30 videos on them. But now when I click on the icon there is no response on the same.

Re: Windows Movie Maker does not start

Try to update video codec on your system. I think the problem lies with codecs. Windows Movie Maker is a windows component so you cannot uninstall it from Control Panel. Re-installing it the most perfect way of fixing problem you are facing. You can also perform automatic updates and then check back. Automatic updates works really well in fixing such issues. But also do not forget to install latest codec pack.

Try to update to SP2 and then check back. The system is not stable due to which you are getting the problem. Just try one more thing. Check other applications like Windows Media Player. See whether it works fine or not. It happens a number of time some applications fails to work properly. By updating windows this kind of issues are resolved and it is more improved in terms of performance.

The issue lies with movie maker. You will need to re-install it. And there is nothing to worry about the project files. They will also work fine. You will just need to re-install it. The download is available on the web. Just download the files and run the setup. It will replace the existing file and fix Movie Maker. If this also does not work then you will need to run a repair setup of Windows XP. You can do that through Windows installation disc.

Just try system restore. It is one of the quickest way to restore problem in windows. System restore is a great way of fixing number of problems in Windows. And it is also very easy. It happens a number of time the system is unstable. Due to which you face such problem. Just run system restore and then test back. If that does not work then you will have to re-install Movie Maker back again.