Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

unable to open any drive by double clicking on it

Windows XP Support

Old 22-02-2008

unable to open any drive by double clicking on it

I am using Windows XP SP2 on my desktop and it was working well until yesterday. I am not able to open any drive by double clicking on it. Each time when I try to open, then I get an "Open with" window appering with all the programs listed, like for ms excel, ms word, etc. I am right now opening the drives with Windows Explorer. Can anyone please help? Thanks.

Old 22-02-2008

Re: unable to open any drive by double clicking on it

This problem occurs when you open the Edit File Type dialog box for the Drive or File Folder registered file types. For example, this problem occurs for folders if you complete the following procedure: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321186
Old 04-08-2009

UNABLE TO OPEN ANY DRIVE BY DOUBLE CLICKING

To resolve the issue you just need to remove autorun.inf file from your computer which can be done by installing a removal tool called autorun eater. Just search it on the net and download it.

This worksssss.
Old 13-02-2010

Thanks a lot for the 'autorun.inf eater' suggested as a good solution.

It is effective and it worked as the last hope basis. Because the regedit suggestions did not effect anything and did not prove themselves.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , , ,