Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

I want to completely Restart My Computer from Scratch...

Windows XP Support

Old 22-02-2008

I want to completely Restart My Computer from Scratch...

I dont know how to do it exactly. I just want to restore everything where you can go back to a certain point but I want to completely wipe it off. So can anyone tell me how to do this? Thanks.

Old 22-02-2008

Re: I want to completely Restart My Computer from Scratch...

Check the article on How to install or upgrade to Windows XP from the below link:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/978307

Also clean insall will delete all your data and installed software as well, and you will need to get drivers for your motherboard, sound card, video card, etc. It will be on the sae CD that came with the computer.
Old 22-02-2008

You will also need to ensure that you have the 25 digit product key with you. Without the product key you wont get any support for the operating system. So dont format the drive incase you dont have the key, it can be taken out from the registry key however.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: