Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

File does not begin with %pdf-

Windows XP Support

Old 21-02-2008

File does not begin with %pdf-

We are in a small lan and have been using another companys web app to generate reports that would open a PDF in a browser. It used to work up on Tuesday. But if I am trying to generate report the it produces the following error File does not begin with '%pdf-'. I am using Windows XP. So, then I tried with a different computer, different versions of Acrobat Reader, different web browsers as well/ I also set the options in Acrobat so that the file will download. So I downloaded the file, opened it up and got same error message. Does anyone have any fix for this issue? Thanks

Old 21-02-2008

Re: File does not begin with %pdf-

Did you try to use different pdf reader. You can use something like Foxit PDF reader if you want, just download it from its official website. You will also get tons of results for this readers if you search on google.
Old 21-02-2008

Re: File does not begin with %pdf-

Thanks for the reply. I have found the solution. It seems like a Secrity Update for IE was having the problem (KB944533). Also the other browsers were producing the same error.
Old 13-05-2011

I am using coldfusion to produce my PDF using <cfdocument> and i was having the same issue and it turned out to be there was a query within the <cfdocument> tag that was incorrect.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: