Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Audio - The selected file is not valid or is corrupted.

Windows XP Support

Old 20-02-2008

Audio - The selected file is not valid or is corrupted.

Hi, I am using Windows XP desktop with Movie Maker version 2.1.4026. I am having some problem with Movie maker as my subject line says itself. I am able to import all videos clips without any problem but when I try to import any MP3 files it gives me an error message saying:

?F:\My Data\audiofile.mp3 could not be imported. The selected file is not valid or is corrupted.?

I have tried restarting Move Maker as well as the system several times but yet the same result. Can anyone please help me out with this? Many Thanks.

Old 07-03-2008

RE: Audio - The selected file is not valid or is corrupted.

Hey guy, even i had similar problem. This is Windows XP , have installed media player codec 2. However there was no problem for me to import videos or audios in Movie Maker, but when i try to burn music disappears. Hence what i did was uninstalled the codec, restarted the system and problem solved. Hence what i mean to say is if you have any codec installed on your computer try to uninstall the same and see of the problem gets solved/
Old 22-05-2008

RE: Audio - The selected file is not valid or is corrupted.

Ok, seems like i fixed the problem myself. After spending some hours on web finally i came to know that i need to rewrite some of the MP3 tags to remove unrecognized characters. I download a program for web to do this and now i dont have any problem importing the MP3 files in Movie maker anymore. It may help other guys as well facing this problem.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , ,