Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

desktop tab in display properties disappeared

Windows XP Support

Old 19-02-2008

desktop tab in display properties disappeared

As I remember I changed my wallpaper a month ago on this Windows XP running desktop. Now today I thought to set a new wallpaper but when I right clicked and went to properties I was surprised to see there is no Desktop Tab any more. It was right here a month ago but know when disappeared. I tried to search fix for the same on web, found few registry editing. Went though all of them but yet there is no desktop tab in my desktop properties.

Do you guys have any idea what went wrong and how can I retrieve the Desktop Tab? Thanks in advance.

Old 19-02-2008

Re: desktop tab in display properties disappeared

Is your computer subject to Group Policy? If so, ask your system administrator at work. If this is happening on XP Home, read the instructions at the top of:

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

and apply the instructions to:

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs...desktoptab.reg

[It's in the right-hand column of line 128.]
Old 07-12-2008

Video tutorial on how to restore your tabs back!

If the "Group Policy" edit doesn?t work, you will need to run the registry file found on Kellys Korner "restorealldisplaytabs.reg" , but there are additional steps you may need to take for full restoration. Please view this clear video tutorial on how to restore your tabs: How To Restore Display Properties And Missing Desktop Tabs Instantly!

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,