Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Microsoft Sound Recorder maximum record time.

Windows XP Support

Old 18-02-2008

Microsoft Sound Recorder maximum record time.

Hi,

I am using a Dell laptop with Windows XP Home Edition and Service Pack 2. I need a bit help with its buil-in Sound recorder. I have Microsoft Sound Recorder V5.1 which by default records audio for only 60 seconds. I think that is its maximum limit. I want to increase this limit upto atleast 8 to 10 minutes. Is that possible? If yes, please let me know how.

Also note that I need to maintain its 16 bit mono audio at 22.05 KHz sampling rate even after increasing the recording time limit. Thanks for all your helps in advance.

Old 18-02-2008

RE: Microsoft Sound Recorder maximum record time.

Nope, there is no way to increase the recording time limit of built in Windows Sound recorder. However if youw ant you can go with any third party recorder if you frequently use this recording software. The best i can suggest you is Audacity (sound file editor, recorder). It has more than 60 second recording. If you need you can download it from here http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
Old 03-05-2008

Re: Microsoft Sound Recorder maximum record time.

Yes, Audacity is far better than any other Audio recorder tool. Best part is that it is completely free and compatible with all Windows Versions.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , ,