Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

windows xp key product code

Windows XP Support

Old 17-02-2008

windows xp key product code

I recently assembled a new Windows XP desktop running fine without any problems. On the other hand I have a Laptop as well with older version of XP. SO I thought to upgrade the same as well hence I inserted XP CD and started the process. Just few minutes later it prompted me for Product code. I entered the key mentioned on the CD and process went ahead. Few minutes later it again prompted me for new product key and this time it is not accepting the product key anymore. It keeps on saying ?Invalid Product Key.?

Any idea what am I doing wrong? How can I fix this? Please help.

Old 17-02-2008

Re: windows xp key product code

Let me check if my guess is right? Did you bought a new Windows XP CD which are you are using to install on Laptop or using the same CD with which you installed on Desktop? If you are using someone else's CD to upgrade the laptop than obviously it will not work. You need to buy a copy of new windows.
Old 17-02-2008

Re: windows xp key product code

There is only the one version of winxp, there are however win cd's that have differing Service Pack levels

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,