Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Hidden Partition

Windows XP Support

Old 13-02-2008

Hidden Partition in Windows XP

I am have a Toshiba Laptop. I has a hidden partition of 1.5GB. I think it has the factory OS on the same. I want some help to locate it back. I tried to run factory settings but it failed to work. While in Disk Defragmentation I can see that partition. The recovery utility is not able to run the complete restore. I had tried to run the recovery number of time but it simply did not worked. Can anyone help me here to fix the issue. I want to completely restore my laptop.

Old 13-02-2008

Re: Hidden Partition

That is a very low space for hidden partition. The factory partition most lies around 5 to 10GB. And 1.5GB is not really the hidden partition. It might be something else. Read your laptop manual. You will get more information on that about running the restoration. There are some keys on boot that can does the job. Through that you can simply run recovery instantly. And also check in Start Menu. There can be some recovery application installed in it.
Old 13-02-2008

I think your system is not having any recovery partition. Many laptops coems with recovery disk. There are some set of cd's that comes with the laptop which has the complete operating system in them. It is necessary that you must run that disk and then test back. Look for the recovery disk. That would be the best way to restore. It is not necessary that all laptop have recovery partition. Some are restored through the CD.
Old 13-02-2008

I am having a dell laptop. When I had purchased it, it came with some set of disc. I had created multiple copies of the same. Mostly the recovery partition is hidden. It can be seen in Disk Management. But size is definitely not lower than 5 GB. Because it consist of additional software also that come pre-installed in the laptop. You can try contacting the customer support of toshiba to collect information on problem you are facing.
Old 13-02-2008

If you are not having recovery cd's then you can go with manual installation. You can simply use the any other windows xp cd and format your system. It is necessary that you download the latest drivers for it. You can find that on the official website of manufacturer. Just download fresh drivers. Or else there will be problem with the video or lan. The only issue with is that you will lost your original OS. You will need to buy a separate license of Windows.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,