Thread: Settings for 'Details' Folder View option

Settings for 'Details' Folder View option

Can anyone tell me how to make a particular setting for the details folder view option stick? I want to see Name, Size and Date Modified, with the Name column wider than the default width. Windows Explorer looks to set this on a folder by folder basis, that is, everytime I open another folder it looks to come up with a default 'details' setting. Any help

RE: Settings for 'Details' Folder View option

Incase you are making new folders, the settings applied by default cannot be changed. But in normal use, that is, if you open folder, the remembered settings of that folder will be loaded as long as you have the option set. So, to enable folders remembering their view settings you have to go in Control Panel and then go to Folder Options > View > select "Remember each folder's view settings".

Re: Settings for 'Details' Folder View option

Thanks for responding, I dont believe why the default setting cannot be changed. I am wondering why there is no such option, after all it is available in other file managers such as Power Desk.

there is way... of course!!!

Hello, I have seen the answer they gave to you, and I cant say that is right, because if I dont know...I dont answer!!! Anyway, lets go to what we want to, solve your problem. Open a Explorer and click on "my computer" than click "View" and choose "Details", After that go on "Tools", "Folder Options", "View", "Apply to all Folders"... And XAzzzannnn... :P

On your explorer at any folder, could be "My Documents", choose those column that you want to keep by right click on it, than mark or unmark. Choose the width of them and everything else that you wanna to set. So repeat "Apply to all Folders"... Than its it....

I hope that helps and completed...