Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Movie Maker Crashes when trying to Save AVI to computer

Windows XP Support

Old 07-02-2008

Movie Maker Crashes when trying to Save AVI to computer

I am using Movie Maker to create a small project video. I had imported small clips of mp4 files and then simply merged them in movie maker by adding some transition effects. But when I try to publish the movie in avi format it crashes. It is so annoying. I first thought it was some problem that will be resolved by restarting the system. But no each time when I try to save the files in avi it crashes.

Old 07-02-2008

Re: Movie Maker Crashes when trying to Save AVI to computer

Looks like some trouble with movie maker itself. Just check whether you had not changed the place of clips. It must lie on the same place where it was when you had imported them. If you move them then the issue is common. If still it crashes then there is one more thing you can try. Just publish the video in some other format and then convert the same to avi through a good video convertor. I am sure that will work fine.
Old 15-02-2008

It looks like a kind of codec problem in my system. That is the reason you are facing the crash issue. Just download the codec pack for windows xp or vista whichever os you are using and install it in your pc. The codec pack will resolve the problem. You can also try to check windows update to add more stability to your system.
Old 05-02-2009

Re: Movie Maker Crashes when trying to Save AVI to computer

movie maker disaster. always crashes when i try to make movie.
Edward Draper

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , ,