Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Delete directory name that contains special characters

Windows XP Support

Old 02-02-2008

Delete directory name that contains special characters

I am having some set of empty directories on my pc with has unreadable or special characters. I am not able to find out any option that can offer me a simple way of deleting all of them together. I had checked that through some third party software. Now those folders lies in different places. So it will be a bit of time waste to find them one by one and delete it. I need some way to get rid of them at once only.

Old 03-02-2008

Re: Delete directory name that contains special characters

There is no software available for that. You will need to locate a batch script of the same. You can download the batch script from web and use it as per your need. There are some site which can give you the process of crating batch script. While the manual way is the only effective way left that works properly. There are multi-window file explorer available on web. You can use them to get rid of those unwanted folders.
Old 04-02-2008

There is one easy thing you can try. Just go in Windows Explorer and search for the names of those unwanted folder. If ample of them are having identical names you can search on the character basis and then delete them all of them. I was also looking for an tool that can help me to get rid of folders which are not having valid characters. This type of folders are generated by some automated tool or backup process which later on occupies a good space in the system.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: