Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Remove read only attribute from files in a tree

Windows XP Support

Old 02-02-2008

Remove read only attribute from files in a tree

I am a XP User. There is a folder tree on this system having more than 100,000 files including mostly jpg files. Now in such a huge number of files there are about 200 files with ?Read Only Attributes.? Now searching them in such a huge list and removing ?Read Only attributes? is going to be a pain. SO I wanted to know if there is any automated method to do the same via any command line or from windows explorer itself?

If yes, please let me know soon. Many Thanks.

Old 02-02-2008

Re: Remove read only attribute from files in a tree

I have done this in past but dont remember exactly what i did. However i will suggest you to try out the following and see if it helps you in anyway. If you right click a directory and select properties/advanced it says, "when you apply these changes, you will be asked if you want the changes to affect all subfolders and files as well."
Old 02-02-2008

Re: Remove read only attribute from files in a tree

Thank you very much for the help Abdul.

Thats exactly what i wanted to know. It worked.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: