Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

DO NOT HAVE "LOCAL USERS & GROUPS" in System Tools in Computer Man

Windows XP Support

Old 01-02-2008

DO NOT HAVE "LOCAL USERS & GROUPS" in System Tools in Computer Man

Earlier I was using Windows XP Home Media Edition desktop, and I use to have "Local Users & Groups" under System Tools in Administrative Tools/Computer Management. Now due to some reasons I needed to buy a new laptop with Windows XP Home edition. Just the difference is of ‘Media edition’ But now when I went to System tools, surprisingly there I no option of "Local Users & Groups."

Any idea what is Wrong? Is it like the option is only in Home Media Edition and not in Home Edition? Is there any way I can get it on my laptop? Please help.

Old 01-02-2008

Re: DO NOT HAVE "LOCAL USERS & GROUPS" in System Tools in Computer Man

First of all let me tell you that Local Users and Groups is available only in Windows XP Professional, i dont how you get it on Home Media Edition.However you can simply use the Local Users and Groups tool and create / manage your local user accounts and groups. Let me know if you need any more help regarding the same.
Old 01-02-2008

Re: DO NOT HAVE "LOCAL USERS & GROUPS" in System Tools in ComputerMan

Hello aghuvi, i think Lyalisai is correct. I think you are making some mistake because as far as i know Windows XP does not have any "Home Media Edition". It only comes in three versions that are
  • XP Home
  • XP Professional
  • Media Center Edition

The last one has most of Professional "configuration" except Windows Domain features

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , ,