Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Automatic Updates Not Installing?????????????

Windows XP Support

Old 01-02-2008

Automatic Updates Not Installing?

I recently put in a new hard drive and reloaded Windows XP with SP2. For some reason if the updates come up automatically then they cannot be installed. The first update is windows genunine advantage validation tool and it was running properly before. Can anyone tell me how do I resolve this problem? Thanks

Old 01-02-2008

Re: Automatic Updates Not Installing?????????????

Actually I went to the microsoft website and ran the validation from there which was fine, but later tried to update again which failed again. Please help me out.
Old 01-02-2008

Check the article on "You cannot install updates after a repair install of Windows XP or after Windows XP SP3 is installed immediately after a clean install of Windows XP SP2" from here - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144
Old 04-02-2008

Thank you for the solution, it worked like a charm.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: