Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

run-time error "70": permission denied...on windows vista

Windows XP Support

Old 30-01-2008

run-time error "70": permission denied...on windows vista

Sorry if this query is going into wrong newsgroup section but I need an urgent help. This is Windows Vista desktop. I recently installed a dictionary, installation went fine without any problem. But whenever I try to run the same it gives me an error message as stated in the subject line:

?Run-time error 70: permission denied?

I don?t have any idea what might be causing this problem and how can I get rid of the same. Hope you guys can help me out. Many thanks.

Old 30-01-2008

RE: run-time error "70": permission denied...on windows vista

Yes, you are in wrong newsgroup. This section is for Windows XP and not for windows vista.

Anyways, To me it clearly sounds like some kind of setup error registry permissions issues. Instead of correcting it manually I will suggest you to better download the following tool which will fix the problem in minutes. It is called as SubInACL tool and you can download it from here: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/arc...04/739820.aspx
Old 31-01-2008

Thanks for the help Myra. I downloaded the tool and install but cannot proceed because it gives me several error messages such as "administrators1337 security structure not valuable"(Translated from danish) and sometimes it says "C:/grant=administrators=f/grant=administrator=system=fsecurityprivilege:denied".

What now? Please help.
Old 31-01-2008

Ok then follow the steps provided in the following Knowledge base article describing How to Reset Security Settings Back to the Defaults:http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;313222

Hope it helps.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , ,