Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Microsoft wireless desktop receiver 3.1a

Windows XP Support

Old 30-01-2008

Microsoft wireless desktop receiver 3.1a

I just bought the Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop 2000. When I plug the receiver into my USB port it comes up "New Hardware Found", the lights go on and it recognises the device as "microsoft wireless desktop reciever 3.1A". It then prompts me to install the drivers but is unable to find any (there was no disc with it). I have searched extensively on the internet for the driver and have been unable to find it.

I have also tried pressing the buttons on the receiver and keyboard/mouse several times as instructed in the manual but the same problem occurs.

Not sure if this next bit is relevant at all since I'm no expert with PC's, just something I noticed. The caps/num lock lights don't go on and off if I press the respective keys, however, immediately after reseting my PC (before windows has fully loaded) the lights will go on and off when I press the caps/num lock keys.

Old 03-06-2008

Re:Microsoft wireless desktop receiver 3.1a

What is your operating system? If your system is not able to get the drivers installed properly after plugging in, i'll suggest you to better download the drivers of Microsoft wireless desktop receiver manually from here http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en...l-desktop-2000 and install. This should fix the problem.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , , ,