Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Symantec Runtime error

Windows XP Support

Old 28-01-2008

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Symantec Runtime error

If I am trying to startup and get to my desktop, then I am getting the below notification:
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
runtime error
program files\common files\Symantic shared/ccSvdHst.exe

I have checked many articles but cannot find any solution for this issue? any ideas? Thanks

Old 28-01-2008

re: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Symantec Runtime error

Are you trying to ask what error is caused by a message from the Symantec folders? Havent you tried to remove the Symantec software or what?
Old 28-01-2008

Thanks but I have paid for this software and I dont want to remove it thats why.
Old 28-01-2008

Have you checked if there is a patch or update for this software, that could be able to solve this problem?
Old 29-01-2008

Yes, I also think that you must check for updates which would be a good first step. After that you can try to uninstall and then reinstall the Norton or Symantec software. You can also go to Symantec support and ask for this issue, since you have paid for it.
Old 29-01-2008

After doing a Norton Scan I found that it is missing a dll file: mvcp80.dll. It came up many times under different things like the HSLoader.exe cannot access a necessary file msvcr80.dll. Can anyone tell me where I can download that or should I ask Symantec? Thanks.
Old 26-09-2008

I am getting the same message but was not even aware that I had symantic installed on my HP laptop. I definitely don't use the program, so would it be safe to delete the file that is causing this problem? In the details section of the error message it says the program path is C:\Windows\SMINST\BLService.exe.

Can I delete 'BLService' without causing harm to my laptop?
Old 26-09-2008

The message also suggests that the program is not compatible. Any thoughts?
Old 27-09-2008

You can try to search on Symantec's website for help regarding their products. You can check in MSconfig what programs are running at startup.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , ,