Thread: Windows XP Crash Blue Screen

Windows XP Crash Blue Screen

I’m in a huge problem. I bought a Compaq 6000 system couple of years ago which came pre-loaded with Windows XP. It worked good for so far but now I’m stuck at the black blank screen with just a mouse cursor blinking on the Top Left corner of the screen. It wont allow me to do anything, not even ctrl+alt+delete. The only way is to press and hold restart button to restart the same. I cannot even reformat windows as I don’t have its XP Installation Disc.

I simply to it to Best Buy where I first paid $68 as the diagnostic charge and later they said the my Windows is Crashed and I need to pay more $130 to fix the same. Well I don’t have so much of money to pay them. Hence I wanted to know if there is any other solution you guys can provide me to fix this problem. Also I have many important files and folders stored on this system, how can I back up them to my other system?

Thanks for all your helps.

RE: Windows XP Crash Blue Screen

Did you tried booting in Safe Mode? I mean, is it allowing you to reach the Safe Mode? If yes, enter as administrator,open event viewer.. See what error logs are listed over there. Copy / paste them here.

Do you have recovery console available.

Re: Windows XP Crash Blue Screen only mouse pointer

[B][COLOR="Green"]HI All,

I HAVE THE SOLUTION FOR THE BLANK BLUE SCREEN ON STARTUP WITH ONLY MOUSE POINT, I HAVE GOT THE SAME KIND OF PROBLEM..AND I FIXED IT.FIRST YOU NEED TO MAKE OR WRITE A RESCUE ANTI-VIRUS CD FROM ANY ANTIVIRUS LIKE NOD32,SYMENTEC,MACAFEE ETC..,, NOTE:THE RESCUE CD SHOULD BE BOOTABLE ONE.THAN INSERT THE CD IN YOUR SYSTEM
    THAN BOOT FROM CD,SELECT COMPUTER SCAN AND MAKE SURE SELECT ALL THE DRIVES....THAN THE RESCUE CD WILL SCAN THE ENTIRE SYSTEM FOR ANY INFILTRATION AND IT DELETES IT,...AFTER SCANN COMPLETES....JUST RESTART YOUR SYSTEM
    IT WILL WORK FINE AS USUALL...BEST OF LUCH..