Thread: XP will not boot even in safe mode

XP will not boot even in safe mode

I am trying to boot my system in safe mode but it is not working. I tried a number of thing but nothing worked. It looks safe mode is having some kind of problem. I want to remove some drivers recently installed on my pc. And those are making my system slow. A number of time my system freezes on welcome screen. I cannot find any way for the same. I thought it will be effective to remove them in safe mode. But when I try to hit F8 and enter safe mode the system restarts.

The problem lies with registry corruption. You can do one more thing here. Click on Start > Run and in that type msconfig hit enter. You can choose Safe mode under Boot. But if your pc is restarting then this can be risky. If the system fails to go in safe mode your pc will keep on restarting. You can check the below link for fixing registry problems. They are quiet more helpful in dealing with the problem you are facing. Just try the same and check back.

Registry troubleshooting steps for advanced users

Try system restore here. Go in Accessories > System Tools and in that click on System Restore. Restore your system settings to an older time and see what you get. I am sure that will be enough for you to fix the problem you are facing. System Restore is one of the best way to restore old setting when you face such problem. If nothing works out then the last option left is to run a repair setup of Windows XP through bootable disc.