Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

lsass.exe - object name not found

Windows XP Support

Old 24-01-2008

lsass.exe - object name not found

I have a Windows XP desktop running with Service Pack 2. It got infected with a malware named mljge.dll recently. Finally I got it removed completely yesterday. I delete the malware, its entries from the registry and from everywhere. But just after the same when I rebooted the computer, it came to welcome screen and gave me a pop up saying ?lsass.exe - object name not found?. There as an OK button, when I click on the same the computer rebooted again and stuck to the same point with OK button. It keeps on repeating.

Surprisingly the same thing happens if I try to boot into Safe Mode as well. That means I?m not able to login to my PC anymore. Can anyone please tell me what the problem is? How can I repair this LSASS.exe file or is there any way I can get rid of this error?

Thank you.

Old 25-01-2008

Re: lsass.exe - object name not found

There are several ways to fix this problem dude.

First, press F8 while rebooting and select "start using the last good configuration" option from the boot menu.
Second, insert your Windows Installation CD, go to recovery console and do a System Restore.
Third, you can simply repair your computer from the same Recovery console.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,