Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Win XP Home Won't Resume from Standby, Reboots Instead

Windows XP Support

Old 24-01-2008

Win XP Home Won't Resume from Standby, Reboots Instead

I am facing a bit issue with Windows XP MCE edition. I am here trying to explain the same in as detail as I can. I am using MCE Standby Tool here which looks to be working great on my pc. My system is used for the entirely day. Means it is used by different users. There are some heavy application which run on it like video editing application. As the system was working slow so I formatted it. I had configured the system to go in standby automatically when not used for an prescribed time period. But the manual way of putting the system under hibernation does not work properly. I had applied all the settings through a new power scheme. Even after keeping everything on automatic settings the system looks to be stuck in standby.

Old 26-01-2008

Just check out your psu and ram. Most of the time the issue lies with an improper ram. There are some ram testing software like memtest. You can use this tool to simply to find out whether your ram is working fine or not. Another thing you can do is change your existing ram slot and then test back. I got the same kind of issue with my laptop. I showed the same to service center which said the problem lies with laptop ram.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: