Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Roxio Media Manager

Windows XP Support

Old 23-01-2008
Christian

Roxio Media Manager

Roxio Media Manager kills me. Whenever I start the Computer it
tires to install Roxio Media Manager which is not succesful. It binds the
the Windows Installer which is running 100% CUP capacity. A never ending
story. The only way to stop to kill with Task Manager both Roxio Media
Manager in Task Manager and stop the Installer by ending the process. As
soon as I start another Microsoft Product the installation process restarts!
I never intended to install a thing like Roxio Media Manager. How can I stop
that? I don't find it in the Autostart section.

Old 23-01-2008
MAP

Install the "windows installer cleanup utility" run it and delete the entry
for Roxio.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301
Old 23-01-2008
Ron Hardin

Re: Roxio Media Manager

Roxio is the first thing to uninstall when you get the computer.
Intellisonic also likes pop-up interventions, and gets wiped out
next.

Assuming you've already uninstalled Norton and Google desktop.

If you need to write a DVD I assume there's some well behaved
free software out there, like Nero, you can use.
Old 23-06-2010
Babelium

Just wanted to say THANK YOU to Mike Pawlak for his tip to uninstall Roxio Media Manager. I have been wasting a lot of time and energy trying everything to get rid of this programme and the solution was just here!!!
Old 03-08-2010

Problem: Roxio Media Manager tries to install upon start up
FIX: This fix is for WinXP SP3. You have 2 options.
Needed: Before you start you must have Winzip or WinRAR to unzip the downloaded BlackBerry file.
NOTE: you will not be loading the Desktop Manager, you will load Roxio Media Manager
Option 1:
1). Go to https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...01DA3E0688A700
2). Click “Download” button to download “Desktop Manager 5.0.1 B73 Multilanguage - With Media Manager”, then SAVE to a folder on your desktop. This is a 258.914 Mb file so it will take a little while to download.
3). Once download is complete open folder and RT click on file to unzip with winzip or winrar to that folder.
4). Open the SR_MM file.
5). DBL click “setup.exe” to install, this will take a while, PLEASE BE PATIENT
Once install is complete restart your system and all should be good!
Option 2:
1). Follow steps 1,2 and 3 listed above.
4). Restart your computer
5). After restart the next time you are asked for the location of Roxio Media Manager.msi, click browse, and browse to the file that you extracted above open the SR_MM file and click on the Roxio Media Manager.msi file then it will run again PLEASE BE PATIENT
Once install is complete restart your system and all should be good!
This has worked for me on 5 computers with this problem.
Now if you wish you could uninstall Roxio Media Manager
Old 12-03-2011

I was having this problem, and tried re-installing / installing several times. I finally just ran HiJackThis (free program from Trend Micro), and from other posts, the problem process which kept trying to run is ISUSPM.exe at start up and it was trying to update upon bootup.

After installing HiJackThis and doing a scan it found the entry relating to ISUSPM.exe, I removed it.

Even if HiJackThis indicates other problems, I would only remove the one related to this task.
Old 17-09-2011

Hi Can you tell me what you did to remove the roxio media manager, It just appreared on my computer one day, and i get remove it, I dont really what to pay money to remove some thing that i never asked tio be installed in the first place
Old 17-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNM074 View Post
Hi Can you tell me what you did to remove the roxio media manager, It just appreared on my computer one day, and i get remove it, I dont really what to pay money to remove some thing that i never asked tio be installed in the first place
Alright, if you want to remove the roxio media manager, you can use a software called revo uninstaller which will forcely remove the software from your computer. This utility will allow you to uninstall and thoroughly clean any of your installed applications on Windows. Allowing a grip of the fastest, it provides a clear interface and several types of viewing software on your machine. So you can find them as icons and lists more or less detailed.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , , ,