Thread: Windows XP can't start..Load needed DLLs..

Windows XP can't start..Load needed DLLs..

My system failed to boot. On start it is asking for some missing dll files. The files which is listed are ntoskrnl.exe, hal.dll and KDCOM.DLL. I tried to find solution for this file but ample of people are saying I will need to format my pc. I tried number of steps here but nothing worked. Through an article I went inside recovery console and tried a few commands. But again on the reboot the same error appear. How can get my old system back. I am sure there will be some easy way of fixing this.

Re: Windows XP can't start..Load needed DLLs..

Such issue appear if there is bad sector in your system. You will need to check your hard drive. Boot in recovery console and run chkdsk. If bad sectors detected then your system is gone. You will need to upgrade your hard drive. Just on temporary basis you can run a repair setup of Windows XP which will be done through XP bootable disc. Run the repair setup and then see whether the issue is resolved or not.

Re: Windows XP can't start..Load needed DLLs..

This are boot errors. It is not easy to restore that files. To take your data backup you can use a bootable live cd of linux or windows 7 and backup your data. Then you can go with clean format. The error usually appear when the boot files are damaged. You can download any light version of bootable OS from web and create a disc. Boot your system and copy your data first and then move ahead with any other changes.

The system that you has is a assembled pc or a branded one. If it is a branded system then there will be a recovery partition in that. Through which you can restore your system back to the normal state. The recovery partition allows you to restore windows instantly. But this is somewhat like clean format. So it is necessary that you copy your data through the process mentioned above. The issue appear due to corrupt hal.dll file. And it is not at all simple to restore.