Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

windows live one care free safety scanner

Windows XP Support

Old 21-01-2008

windows live one care free safety scanner

Can anyone tell me whether windows live onecare is safe for usage? I have used it and have got some issues but it could have been something I did near the same time. The issue was 'windows has encountered a problem and must shut down'. I tried to do a last known good configuration and things seems to be stable again. Any ideas? Thanks

Old 21-01-2008

RE: windows live one care free safety scanner

It actually depends on the knowledge level, usually if you ran the registry cleaner function of the Safety Scanner. In general I dont think running a registry cleaner function of the Safety Scanner. I dont think that running a registry cleaner is proper for anyone other than a Registry expert.
Old 23-01-2008

RE: windows live one care free safety scanner

Thanks for the replies, I agree to whatever you said and will use the functions other than the reg cleaner.
Old 23-01-2008

Incase you think that changes made during your Safety Scanner registry cleanup created the issues you are getting now, then you might be able to backup them out by using the procedure given below in the link:

http://boards.live.com/safetyboards/...?threadid=4867
Old 18-02-2008

Thanks, I wanted to let you know all that after SFC and a dozen others MSIE was fine but had some issues like getting here. Now with the installation of MSIE 7 all is working fine.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , ,