Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Adding lost Windows XP accessories

Windows XP Support

Old 21-01-2008

Adding lost Windows XP accessories

Don't know how it happened but I have lost my accessory folder and all of its contents. I have Windows XP Service Pack 2 from Microsoft. I have the same disk from Dell. When I use the control panel to add these lost files, I get error messages that say files can't be found.

How do I restore these files? Of course there will be some company out there that will sell me something but I just want to restore the files using the tools that I already have.

Old 22-01-2008

Re: Adding lost Windows XP accessories

First of all open Windows Explorer and navigate to the following location to see if the folder still exists here:

C:\Documents and Settings\<<Your user name>>\Start Menu\Programs

If it is still there then try to open any application inside it to check whether they work. Let me know the results.
Old 22-01-2008

Re: Adding lost Windows XP accessories

As far as i know the Accessories program group is not displayed on the All Programs menu in Windows XP. You can confirm this from the following MS KB as well http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=891893

Anyways, there is an alternate way using which you can fix the problem. Simply download the following reg file and run. Restore Accessories - Start Menu/All Prog

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: