Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

powercfg.cpl

Windows XP Support

Old 18-01-2008

powercfg.cpl

I am using Windows XP desktop since past 6 months. It was working fine but recently started getting problem with powercfg.cpl. Other files are working good except this one and when I click this under system32 folder, it gives me the following error message:

An exception occurred while trying to run "shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL "C:\WINDOWS\system32\powercfg.cpl"

I donít have any idea what does this means. Can anyone please help me out fixing the same?

Old 20-01-2008

Re: powercfg.cpl

Did you tried running it from Command Line as well? If it wont work from here as well then most probably there is some problems with system files and you should run system file scan. You can do this by going to Start > Run and type in 'sfc /scannow' (without the quotes). You will be asked for your XP CD.

Hope it helps.
Old 21-01-2008

Thank you very much Jigu,

I will try that

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: