Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

chkdsk scheduled problem and drive marked dirty

Windows XP Support

Old 17-01-2008

chkdsk scheduled problem and drive marked dirty

Everytime I boot, then chkdsk will run on drive E: but will never report any errors? chkntsf c: reports that c: is dirty. chkntsf /x c: has no effect. If I am using C:>Properties>Tools>Check Now with the scan for bad sectors it doesnt report any errors. In the registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE> SYSTEM>CurrentControlSet> Control> Session Manager> BootExecute is set to autocheck. Chkdsk is not in my task scheduler to run? The boot delay is anooying as well and I want to get rid of the chkdsk run. Can anyone please help me? Thanks

Old 17-01-2008

Re: chkdsk scheduled problem and drive marked dirty

You have written "chkntsf /x C: " which is a typo error, because you need to write "chkntfs /x C:" which is the correct one.
Old 18-01-2008

Thanks for that, it was indeed a typo error but I made the same typo when I ran it. After putting the right command and it did exclude C: from the autocheck.
Old 18-01-2008

Glad to know that and I am happy that it sorted out for you.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: