Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Using Net use LPT1 command

Windows XP Support

Old 16-01-2008

Using Net use LPT1 command

I am through dos trying to map lpt1 printing port on XP. But it looks like not working well. The xp system is connected to windows 2003 server. Sometime the mapping stuff work and I was able to print. But sometime there is a issue. Now things are working fine. I am here using a generic print driver for thee processor. And I am using Net use here. I just want to know that using net use is it possible to bypass the printer driver settings.

Old 17-01-2008

For that you will need to modify a set of registry setting and then test back. I am sure that will be enough to deal with the problem you are facing. The path for the same is - HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellFolders. The printer settings are located here and through this you can manage the print settings. I am sure this will be enough helpful to you to fix the problem you are facing.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,