Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Problem installing XP 3 release candidate

Windows XP Support

Old 16-01-2008

Problem installing XP 3 release candidate

I am here struggling to re-install Windows XP SP3 Release Candidate. I am having a CD of that. It is almost after 8 months I am formatting my system. At the time of installation the setup is crashing on unidrv.dll. I searched on web and found that the dll is associated with some printer driver. Setup is not at all ready to move ahead. I need some help to install XP back again. Is there a way to manually skip this file while running setup.

Old 16-01-2008

Re: Problem installing XP 3 release candidate

Looks like some incompatible hardware is causing the problem. Try to do this. Disconnect all other connected device from your pc except keyboard and mouse. Then perform the setup. That is a good way of installation and I am sure that will help you more in fixing the issue. Once you disconnect additional devices windows will not try to install the same. That will make your job much more easier.
Old 16-01-2008

It is a right that you must disconnect all the attached devices and test back. But still if the setup crashes then the only option left is to change the disc. The disc might be damaged due to which you are getting the problem. You can simply borrow that someone perform a clean setup and then use your activation key to activate the product. I think that will be more than enough.
Old 16-01-2008

The problem lies with hp printer. You are correct that it is a printer driver.I will recommend you to use some other disc for the installation or else you will keep on facing the issue. If you are using a branded system then it simply means the driver is integrated in the windows disc. There is no way to skip it. Try to change the partition and then try back. But if the crash occurs again then there is nothing much you can do.
Old 16-01-2008

There is no solution for that problem. The dll file is messy which is causing the crash. The only better way to fix the problem is simply change the setup file and then test back. I am sure hat will be simply more than enough for you to fix the problem you are facing.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , ,