Thread: Media Player - DVD movies & widescreen issue

Media Player - DVD movies & widescreen issue

I am having a nice widescreen monitor here. I am trying to play a dvd movie on the same. I am having some set of DVD's here. But there is problem with the same. I am not getting the right ratio on it. The screen size lies around 4:3. When I try to play the move on full screen I am not getting the exact screen output. The movie is just playing in the center and not moving ahead. Can anyone help me here to fix the issue I am facing.

RE: Media Player - DVD movies & widescreen issue

Try some other media player. The default video player in Windows XP, Windows Media Player is not having any option to extend the size of existing video. You can use VLC for that. Just download it and then play the movie in the same. I am sure you will get ample of option to adjust the screen resolution and it might also work really well. If you are not able to find VLC then try Media Player Classic. It is also another good media player that reads almost anything.

Check the video resolution. The aspect ratio that you are talking about lies completely on the video resolution. If it is lower and you are trying to play the same on a widescreen you will face problem with the aspect ratio. Depending on the screen resolution you will need to locate a proper video size. The aspect ratio has nothing to do here. Your video is cut due to the lower resolution compare to the monitor you have.

That is current. I am having a low resolution video which I had captured from a normal camcorder. Due to low resolution the video has big dark border on all sizes. But there are some good video convertor software that can help you to create a HD video through the existing one. There is no confirmation that the video output will be great. It basically depend on the video editor you have in your system.

I am using Nero to create DVD movies. I had burned all my home video using Nero. The software is simply great in creating home dvds. It is also very easy to use. You can find a trail version of nero from web and you can use it to create a dvd directly. I am sure it will fix the resolution along with it will also maintain the quality of video output.