Thread: Speakers work but not headphones??

Speakers work but not headphones??

I a having a Windows XP PC with me. There is a problem with audio on it. There are two audio jack available on the same. One lies on the front and the other one on the backside. The front audio ports work fine with speakers, but when I connect my headphone there is no audio at all. I tried different headphones but it worked with nothing. This is really weird. If speakers are working then headphone should also work. Does this need any specific type of drivers.

Re: Speakers work but not headphones??

Did you really checked different headphones. I think the headphone is defective. Try to test the same at some other place and then check back. I am sure the headphone is defective. Because the front audio output ports works evenly for a headphone and for a speaker. There is nothing related to the internal drivers. Just once to test put the speakers on the backside and then test back.

I got the same kind of issue on my system also. The headphone was not working but there was no problem with the speaker. I bought a gaming headset which was having really cool effects. But it looks the headphone fails to work properly. To fix the same just go in Device Manager and right click on the audio device. Click on update drivers. That's all. It will start working properly.

Speakers work but headphones don't intermittently

Laptop with Windows XP.

At first boot up, the internal speakers and headphone jack works just fine. After a while, the headphone jack does not. If I reboot the laptop, then everything works again. I went to control panel, sounds and audio devices, Volume, then advanced settings in speakers. I select stereo headphones, then it will work, but then after a while, the headphone jake stops driving the headphones again. Again, if I reboot, everything works fine. But eventually, the headphone jack stops working again.

ANY CLUE HOW TO STOP THIS?

Re: Speakers work but not headphones??

I think that there may be loose connection to the jack for the headphone. Just check for that and insert that properly into that. If that is loose then you may get the issues like this. Other than this, you will have to go to the sound properties in the control panel and check if all the drivers installed and you have turned up the sound volume.