Thread: No WPA support in XP Home

No WPA support in XP Home

I need some help to configure wifi network. I had installed a new router and I am not able to connect to the wifi network. When I try to connect i am getting a error. The error is "Windows is unable to connect to the selected network. The network may no longer be in range. Please refresh the list of available networks, and try to connect again."Does anyone is familiar with the error. I cannot understand why this error appear so instantly. Is this some kind of driver failure.

Re: No WPA support in XP Home

Looks like some kind issue with the wifi itself. Right click on My Computer > Manage > Device Manager. In that look for the wireless device. Simply right click on the same then simply click on update. Follow the screen instructions and then move ahead. If you are having the driver with you then you can uninstall that device and install it back again. That is the best way to troubleshoot problem with wireless connectivity.

What issue are you actually facing. Does your wifi is not working or simply looking for WPA issue on your pc. If there is a driver problem then it is easy to fix just by updating the same. You can locate the most recent drivers on the web. The second thing you can do where you need only wpa stuff then simply follow the below link. Download and run the update below and then test back.

Update for Windows XP (KB893357)

Go in network configuration settings back. First check that your wifi is detected in your pc or not. You have to ensure the connectivity first. If that is fine then you can go ahead with other settings. There are some third party software which scan and test wifi. You can download them to verify whether internet is properly connected or not. Run windows update and see if you can get any help on the same.

I am providing you some links that will give you more information on the issue you are facing. There is a update link also listed here which will guide you for getting new patches that you can find through windows update also. If automatic updates does not work then you can simply move ahead with manual download below and I think that will work.

Windows XP Support Patch for Wi-Fi Protected Access
    Configure WPA wireless security for home networks