View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234 LastLast

Thread: Bad_pool_caller Error on Windows Vista

Bad_pool_caller

Greetings all,

Like many others I am receiving a bad_pool_caller 0xc2(0x43,...,...,...) error message. The difference I am having is that this is happening when I try to install XP or attempt to repair an existing installation of XP from the installation CD. This is because I started to receive a could not find system message when booting from my hd. I have already gone and done searches on this error message but with no solution. Again this is when I try to install from the CD, I can't even boot to safe mode.

System Config:

MSI K9N SLI Platinum mainboard
    4GB ram
    120GB sata hd (2 ntfs partitions)
    ATI Radeon x1600 graphics card.

re: Bad_pool_caller Error on Windows Vista

If you can mention the full detail of error that you are getting I can help you. Before that there are certain things that you can try out. First you can disable automatic restart settings on system failure. For that you have to enter the Safe Mode menu. Reboot your system and then hit F8 at start. In the menu that you can see select Disable Automatic Restart on System failure. Hit enter. Now the error that you see on screen note down that. There will be a specific error code. That error code tells you the detail about cause behind it. Microsoft has a quiet long list of all errors that are associated to Bad Pool Caller. So if there is a buggy driver then you can find and remove it. Also for more information you can get in Event Viewer to find the exact error log. It is located in Control Panel > Administrative Tool. Here you can find the information that you can mention here for more answers.

The error is related to a corrupt driver files of windows. I am listing you a solution but if does not work then you will need a Windows bootable disc for that to run a repair service. But this solution is only if you have hard drive in FAT format. If it is in NTFS type format then this will not work. Disconnect all external devices except keyboard from your computer. Of possible disconnect the LAN card, sound card, graphic card, etc. So you have do this, when the safe mode menu comes select command prompt. In safe mode go to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers folder. Delete the files Winnov32.sys, Wnvkaud.sys, Wnvcom.sys, and Wnkvid.sys. Restart your computer. Hope this works.

Re: Vista blue screen error (Bad_Pool_Caller)

I want to ask one thing. Does any Updates can cause the issue. Or it is the memory or registry problem only. My system cause this error after getting fresh updates. On restart I receive a error that some updates failed. The system started normally but after a few hours, bluescreen is constant. I cannot work further on the same. I am using a 64bit operating system of Windows Vista.

Vista's Bad_Pool_Caller Blue Screen

I'm having this damn screen pop up almost every time I do something with the internet. Is it possible to get this fixed? I'm an digital artist. If I'm working on a piece, I lose things if it's not saved. I'm really aggravated by this problem. Please... does anyone have a solution?

Re: Vista's Bad_Pool_Caller Blue Screen

The Blue screen error can be because of a number of reasons. It would be helpful if you could revert back with the error number or a more detailed information which is displayed at with the Bad_Pool_Caller Blue Screen error. You may first try the basic troubleshooting steps which includes checking if there is any virus or other malicious program running or not in the system. Scan a Safe mode scan. Update the drivers for you motherboard and graphic card.

Re: Vista's Bad_Pool_Caller Blue Screen

Here is a camera shot of the blue screen I get.

I've check to see if my drivers are updated and they are. I've done a registry check and fixed anything that has been needing it. I recently replaced my video card but it was doing this before I did that... so I don't believe it's a hardware problem.

All the other information you asked for is shown in the image. Can you help?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dscf5317-jpg  

If you have the original system disc , try going into bios and set to boot from disc. Then reinstall the operating system . You may be able to repair the original install this way. If not you might be able to retrieve some of your lost documents after the fresh install , depending whether or not you install to different partition. hope that helps.

I have exactly the same issue and neither boot PC, use safe mode login or anything else. I cannot even re-install windows. I ahve tried with 2 different windows XP installation CDs but it keeps saying that files are missing or corrupted and not being top the PC. I have no clue on what to do now. I can however enter BIOS settings but in there I cannot even find a memory check or Harddisk check. Please help me.

I am exactly having the same issue with the device of mine where i am unable to work with the same. I am not sure whether this will work for you but in my case my DVD ROM was unable to read the file and giving the same error. I have kept my device off for certain hour and then tried reinstalling the Windows OS and it worked. After that i have changed my DVD ROM. So if you can then check for same and see whether this is working for you or not.

Bad Pool Caller

I'm trying to work on an old office PC with a lot of important files that I can't lose, but when I start up the computer I get a BSOD that says: BAD_POOL_CALLER
    Technical Information:
    *** STOP: 0X000000C2 (0X00000050, 0E1BC0000, 0X00000BC0, 0X0A800000)
    What should I do from here to try and fix the problem? I really do want to wipe the HDD as I'd lose all the files and expensive programs. I can boot into safe mode if that helps at all.

Re: Bad Pool Caller

Did you installed any application in your system? Generally, This message appears when you are running the system with the IomegaWare 2.0 version software. If installed IomegaWare 2.0 version software then you have to follow the below given link which is having the article to work with the issue related to the Bad Pool Caller. I hope this will help you with the same.

STOP 0x000000c2

Re: Bad Pool Caller

I didn't install anything myself, however there were all sorts of questionable programs installed CCleaner, AVG Free, things like that. I uninstalled AVG Free in safe mode using Add/Remove Programs, though when I restarted the computer I got a "No bootable disk" error. I shut the pc off and turned it back on and everything seemed to work fine, it booted into XP and appears to be running smoothly.

Thanks the link though, I'm still going to go through the computer to make sure everything is working properly and could use all the resources I can get.

Kitty and others with this same issue,
    Nass' instructions - "You need either to start in Safe Mode by tapping the F8 until you get the boot up options and select "Safe Mode" or "Last Good known config" and grt to the desktop and troubleshoot from there or by Repair/install the system!."
    are valid, the F8 is to hit before your computer launches Windows so as soon as the reboot starts (you may get a manufacture screen), start hitting F8 then follow the instructions. As Gerry said above, this is usually a driver or device that was installed recently. Could be something as simple as a thumb drive or smart phone. Once in your computer in safe mode, check your device manager and see if anything there is complaining.

Bad_Pool_Caller

My computer keeps resetting I got a bad_pool_caller which said the following:

Stop:0x000000C2(0x00000041,0x856A6000,0x00000FFB,0x0003FEB6)

can anyone help me with what I can do to fix this problem.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234 LastLast