Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Bad_pool_caller Error on Windows Vista

Windows XP Support

View Poll Results:
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 20-02-2012

re: Bad_pool_caller Error on Windows Vista

Unfortunately Kittie is correct. I am having the same issue. This is the key to our misunderstanding. We can get to safemode, we are hitting the F8 correctly. But we get the error all the same! We never actually get to USE safemode. So we are unable to follow ANY of the instructions given. Hence, they are useless to us UNTIL we get onto windows. This is the issue we face. Any modified solutions/suggestions?
Old 20-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiltiadesMeow View Post
Unfortunately Kittie is correct. I am having the same issue. This is the key to our misunderstanding. We can get to safemode, we are hitting the F8 correctly. But we get the error all the same! We never actually get to USE safemode. So we are unable to follow ANY of the instructions given. Hence, they are useless to us UNTIL we get onto windows. This is the issue we face. Any modified solutions/suggestions?
Have you tried testing the memory by going to memtest, you can download it and burn to CD ISO image and restart the PC and boot from CD and then test will run. If you have the W7 disc I believe there is a memory test in Advanced settings.
Old 25-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by simond View Post
Have you tried testing the memory by going to memtest, you can download it and burn to CD ISO image and restart the PC and boot from CD and then test will run. If you have the W7 disc I believe there is a memory test in Advanced settings.
Do you have a link that I can download the memtest from? I can do that on my laptop and give it a shot!
Old 27-02-2012

Well, its just 15 KB file. You can download it simply from here. . There are lots more servers from where you can download in case you are unable to download from above, click here.
Old 05-03-2012

Hi Guys,

Basically, swap the RAM out - if that doesn't solve the issue & you still cant boot then boot from the XP disc, on the first prompt press 'Enter' for Install XP. At this point it will try and detect your current installation. If its as broken as it seems the chances are you will get BSOD'd again with C2. If that happens then to be honest you have no choice but to backup your files and format because without knowing exactly what corruption has occurred you are flying blind.

I guess you could always try copying the SYSTEM hive from C:\Windows\Repair to C:\Windows\System32\Config using option 'R' from the XP disc but the chances are that will also throw a BSOD.
Old 15-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by milesy View Post
...At this point it will try and detect your current installation. ....
I have one that has been driving me crazy for the last 3 days. Once it gets to this point, it's the last normal screen before the bsod.

I think I have it narrowed down to a bad hard drive. I swapped ram from a known good unit and got the same thing. Then I tried it with the hard drive in the known good unit and got the same thing. Next I'm going to try a known good hard drive in the questionable unit, just to make sure there's not a problem with either the motherboard or any other circuits.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , ,