Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Copy/Paste/Clipboard Prob

Windows XP Support

Old 11-01-2008

Copy/Paste/Clipboard Prob

I am having problem with Clipboard that is not holding the Copy? I am running Windows XP with Office 2002 with IE7. When I choose or copy from a website and go to a place I want to past into and when I right click and paste or edit the thing I copied is not there, actually the paste option is not visible? It is not happening everytime but it seems to happen if I am in Internet Explorer and copy something and then go to a word document or Outlook Express email to paste. I then go back and select the copy paste and it works. Does anyone know what is the problem here? Thanks

Old 11-01-2008

Re: Copy/Paste/Clipboard Prob

Is it happening in Windows Explorer or only with Internet Explorer? It has to do something with some programs that is having a lock over the Windows Clipboard. You can download an application called GetOpenClipboardWindow.zip by searching it on google to solve this issue.
Old 12-01-2008

I had this issue some weeks before. I noticed that if you have Word as part of the Works Suite, when you open Word it clears the clipboard. The fix was to uninstall a feature of the Works Suite. You can find the same in Add or Remove program.
Old 13-09-2009

See this article for a solution:

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;555173

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: