Thread: Stop:c0000218{Registry File Failure}registry cannot load the hive

Stop:c0000218{Registry File Failure}registry cannot load the hive

I am facing problem with registry error here. I am getting a constant error on boot. The error is - Stop:c0000218{Registry File Failure}registry cannot load the hive. I am facing the issue on my Toshiba Laptop. It was working fine but somehow there was a problem with the boot. The system just gave a registry error on boot and it crashed. I am trying to install XP back again but still it does not looks to be working fine. How can I recover my system back again from this error.

Re: Stop:c0000218{Registry File Failure}registry cannot load the hive

I think there is some issue with sub directories due to which you are getting the error. It is necessary that you perform some startup repair to fix the issue. That would be more better to deal with the error. There are some startup repairing utilities that can help you here in fixing the same. I will recommend you to run a repair setup of windows which will be more helpful in fixing the problem.

You can use BartPE Bootable CD for the same. It is a bootable tool that can help you to restore your system and repair the startup files. It is really awesome for fixing windows issue. There are some set of commands that you will need to use to fix the problem. There is a manual available on the web which can help you. Before using that just refer the documents of using BartPE and then check back.

Re: Stop:c0000218{Registry File Failure}registry cannot load the h

Try to run the repair setup. Registry errors are just not easy to fix unless you simply restore it completely. System restore also does not help you much here. You can run a repair setup directly from windows bootable disc. And I think that is quiet more than enough to fix the same. Just run the setup once again back from scratch. Boot in safe mode and backup your data first. That is quiet more important.

Hello Guyz,
    I am having this issue and it is killing me, i have tried to get the computer to work but to no avail, it is loaded with some diagnostic tools for engine troubleshooting that I am afraid to lose.
    I have tried to use the methods prescribed around but to no avail, i bumped pon this forum and decided to put my distress here.

The laptop is a Toshiba with Windows XP Media Center Edition installed, gives the error C0000218 claiming that \SOFTWARE is either corrupt blah blah blah.

When I employed the method given by William Crawford, i reach the System Volume Information but there are no _restore... file (s)..

Please Please Please HELP!!!

Kiage Edgar.

mwambazim,

Since you are getting a registry startup error, you can try to repair a corrupted registry in your operating system. Corrupted registry files can cause a variety of different error messages. See the Microsoft Knowledge Base for articles about error messages that are related to registry issues that is given here - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307545

dear sir
    I am using windows server 2003,enterprise edition in my office.my server suddenly turn off due to a power failure.After power was reinstated,i tried to start my system again and had the following error message
    "
    "STOP: c0000218(Registry File Failure)
    The Registry Cannot Load the hive(file):
    \SystemRoot\System32\Config\SOFTWARE
    It is corrupted,absent or not writable .

BEGINNING dump of physical mamory
    Dumping physical memory to disc:"

then it will number from 1 to 100 and start all over
    please sir,any assistance from you will be highly appreciated.thanks,Chief2