Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

iPod not recognized when USB 2.0 enabled

Windows XP Support

Old 02-01-2008

iPod not recognized when USB 2.0 enabled

I am using a Dell machine which is running on Windows XP SP2. I am getting some problem with my ipod which is not recognized when I plug it recently. So, eventually I purchased a Creative ZEN mp3 player to rule out the ipod having problem but I was still facing the same issue after plugging Creative in my computer. When ever I plug in the Ipod then Windows will say that a new hardware is found but the usb device is not recognized? So does anyone have some suggestion how to solve this issue? Thanks

Old 13-01-2008

RE: iPod not recognized when USB 2.0 enabled

Even I was having issue with my Dell machine and Usb 2.0 devices. Some weeks before all the usb 2.0 devices stopped getting recognized. After troubleshooting many things, I noticed that if I disconnected a SIIG USB 2.0 switch I have been using to share a printer with another computer, I was able to use the usb 2.0 devices again. So, if you have something similar you can also do this steps and solve the issue.
Old 13-01-2008

Thanks for that, I followed the same thing and found out that when my printers power is on, then ipod is not recognized and when the printer is off then the ipod is recognized. So, it looks to me like a power problem, but one that is not a big problem for me. So, I am thinking of changing the power supply and see if that solves the issue or not.
Old 30-03-2008

Can you try to tell me how did you disconnect your SIIG Usb 2.0 hub switch? I am not able to figure it out? I am having the same problem, please help.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: