Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Xbox 360 Controller for PC ||PROBLEM||

Windows XP Support

Old 28-12-2007

Xbox 360 Controller for PC ||PROBLEM||

I want to use Xbox 360 Controller on my pc. I am having a windows xp pc. I am here playing Star Wars Battlefront 2 and it has support for game controller. When I had connected it to my pc it is not detected. There is no indication on the screen. I managed to install the drivers but there is some problem with the controllers button. I cannot use the dpad here for aiming. Looks like windows xp is having some issue with the controller. How to make it work proper.

Old 28-12-2007

Re: Xbox 360 Controller for PC ||PROBLEM||

Go in device manager first. Check that the controller is not having any warning sign. If the controller stops working in between then the problem lies with outdated drivers. You will need to update the same and then test back. For the controls you will need to manage the settings through game control. You can configure the same as per your need. It is not really complicated. I hope you have some manuals with you.
Old 26-03-2008

I never use controller. I am also so much annoyed with the same. I am also have one and I had did everything to hook that on my xp laptop. But the controls are no so good. I then bought a usb keyboard and it is more comfortable. It is a bit complicated to configure the game controls on gamepad. And you cannot get those WASD feature on the same. Each is a bit different and you can't recognize how to use them instantly.
Old 09-06-2008

I dual boot but only get this under XP

Sorry posted to the wrong forum page.

Last edited by Kurobara : 09-06-2008 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Sorry posted to the wrong forum page.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,