Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.MFCLOC error

Windows XP Support

Old 26-12-2007

Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.MFCLOC error

I recently re-installed fresh Windows XP with Service Pack 2 and updated it with all recent Windows Patches except IE7. It worked fine for a week but now my computer reboots itself sometimes in a day and just after that I see the following error listed in my Event Viewer:

?Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.MFCLOC error
The reference assembly is not installed on your system.?

Somebody please help. I don?t know what to do with this.

Old 26-12-2007

RE: Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.MFCLOC error

It is asking for Visual C++. hence what you need to do is use the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package to install the runtime libraries. You can download it from this URL:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , ,