Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Help needed: "Error accessing the OLE registry"

Windows XP Support

Old 25-12-2007

Help needed: "Error accessing the OLE registry"

I have a Windows XP Pro with Service Pack 2 running desktop computer. Recently I bought a new Samsung 226BW 22" LCD monitor which came with software CD having a Utility called ?Natural Color Pro?. I have heard about this tool, it is very useful. When I try to install the same it gives me the following error message:

?Self-Registration Error
The following files did not self-register or unregister
E:\windows\system32\Flash.ocx
Error accessing the OLE registry
To continue, click OK; otherwise, click Cancel?

When I click OK to continue, it says the program was installed successfully. But yet I cannot access the same. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 25-12-2007

Re: Help needed: "Error accessing the OLE registry"

Well to me it clearly seems like registry permission issue. I will suggest you to check out the following article to solve setup errors using the SubInACL tool to repair file and registry permissions: http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archi...04/739820.aspx
Old 25-12-2007

Re: Help needed: "Error accessing the OLE registry"

Thank you very much for the help buddy. Aaron Stebner's directions worked like a charm. I have now been able to install Natural Color Pro.

Appreciated.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , ,