Thread: WinFAX Pro trouble with service pack 3

WinFAX Pro trouble with service pack 3

I have been using the WinFAX Pro for quite some time now. But after when I installed Service Pack 3 then WinFax is not allowing me to change the settings such as area coe, phone number, etc. If I am trying to edit these items then a general error pops up. Can anyone tell me how to solve this issue. Also the WinFax is no longer offered or supported by Symantec. Thanks

Re: WinFAX Pro trouble with service pack 3

Since you have said that it is not supported anymore by Symantec then you might not be lucky. You might have to search for a different computer fax application which is still working and supported by the company that sells it. In any case, did you try running the latest version of WinFax? I think that its the 10.04 version.

You can download the same from the below link:
    ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/englis...nfax_10.04.zip

I am not running that, I might have bought hat update as the free update from Symantec 10.04 but it only updates till 10.03. I dont want to buy the new version because it could have some problems. Can you recommended me some good fax applications? Thanks

Why dont you try to uninstall the Service Pack 3 which will solve the issue for you. After that in the meantime you can ask the tech support for WinFax and ask them to give some workaround or a patch.

Why dont you try the Windows XPs own fax program, it is not similar to Winfax but it does the job for limited usage. You can also run Office XP and it will utilize Outlooks contacts. Check the below article on how to enable and configure the Fax service in Windows XP:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306550

Hi guys,

I'm not an expert, but I succeeded installing Winfax pro 10.00 on Win XP SP3 by this steps;
    1. install winfax 10.00 pro, let it closed when asked to complete installation by completting CSID, Fax number...
    2. Restart the computer
    3. Apply patch Winfax Pro 10.04
    4. Restart the computer
    5. Install again winfax pro 10.00, now it should be not a problem completing instalation.

Good luck // wiro

pls give to me password!?

Hi Wiro,
    I need to update my Winfax 10.0 to 10.03. Where do I find the update patch and the password to open and to install it??
    Your input would be appreciated very much.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hajöneu View Post
    Hi Wiro,
    I need to update my Winfax 10.0 to 10.03. Where do I find the update patch and the password to open and to install it??
    Your input would be appreciated very much.
    Thanks
    First of all you need to tell us what version of Norton or Symantec software you have? Also your operating system and service pack installed in your computer? But I dont think that it is possible that LiveUpdate would upgrade you to 10.03, as this was never available as a LiveUpdate download. I assume that contacting the support team will let you know where to download the update manually from some ftp locations.

Hi,
    Thks for your interest and intention to help.
    After hours of search in the internet, I found a patch 10.04 with a funktioning password. so I installed it and it works quite well. Windows xp+SP3,Winfax 10.00 with 10.04 update.
    Rgds