Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

unable to see Local Area Network in network Connection

Windows XP Support

Old 19-12-2007

unable to see Local Area Network in network Connection

I am using a laptop. The model is Toshiba M500. It has Windows XP on it. I am facing issue with the lan connection. I was using it first at home. But later on I started carrying it to my office and now there is a problem with the lan connectivity. The network icon does not shows any connection here. I had updated the drivers a number of time but still the lan connectivity fails here. The lan adapter installed on my system is Intel pro 10/100. When I connect the same on new lan I am able to see notification lights but things are not working well here.

Old 21-03-2013

Re: unable to see Local Area Network in network Connection

There can be failure with the lan adapter. If you had already updated the drivers then it must work. Try this. Go to Start > Run and type cmd. In that type ping 127.1.1.1 -t and hit enter. If you are getting a response then your lan adapter is fine and there is a issue with the drivers while if there is no response then you will have to carry it to the service center for repair.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , ,